Thread: Patching Ultima and assorted issues

Patching Ultima and assorted issues

MUCH OF THIS IS OUTDATED AND NO LONGER APPLIES iN MY SIGNATURE IS A LINK TO A MORE YP TO DATE POST HOW TO GET STARTED .... Lately the patching process has become a problem personally I patch when the server starts complaining that my client is out of date. There really is no need to get the newest patch I post the new Easy uo files for the ones that Had to reinstall ultima for whatever reason . Because under the new system there is no way to stop at as certain client anymore .I did patch too the latest client a few days ago to see if the hues file would work for me it did so without any problem but not everyone is comfortable messing around in the files . Another thing I do and suggest everyone do is to make a copy of your current client folder just in case something goes wrong with the patch that way you can drop it back in and still play on the old client and try to patch again later as long as you have at least 2.5 gig free space .I have placed a copy of client 7.0.30.1 in my dropbox that is there for anyone that wants an older functioning version it already has the hues.mul file changed to the Paradise Found version so no need to mess with it . All you need do is download from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8wez5mwk3...%20Classic.zip once downloaded please run a virus scan of the file the best way to advoid getting infected is to scan things " even if most major antivirus programs scan automatically " it is still good practice to be sure no I have not altered the files other than the hues one but still a good idea to trust no one .Once you are sure its clean then unzip the file to a folder of your choice .Then find your uo folder on win 7 and 8 it should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic" right click the ultima classic folder and choose rename and add a number or word onto the end I use ultima online classic 2 .Now you can copy the unzipped ultima online classic into the electronic arts folder which will allow you to use that older client instead of the newest one .As I have time hope to add screen shots to this and add information on getting easy uo to work with newer clients .Another problem some folks have is that they drop the hues.mul into the client and forget that in order for it to be read they must close out razor completely and restart it so that the client loads the new files instead of reading the old one it has stored in the ram .If you have questions please pm me in game as I have trouble at times with seeing things in public chat " sort of a I get busy running for my life and plain do not see it" but try to answer pm's as quickly as I can you can also send me a pm here on the forums if you have an account set up I check here at least once a day even when not in game that day.Copy of the custom hues is here if the one posted elsewhere is not available https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44800702/hues.mul .
    Last edited by Cormac; 04-21-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
    links for setting up to play .How to get started with Paradise Found The Current version of Easy UO Religio Skill Training MASTER LIST claytons trainer with fixed stealth Religio CEOMedic with Mirrors

Blog Entries
    Don't know if you still play or not. I haven't been on in a coon's age. The dropbox link in the above post no longer works though.
    Anandi Willow
    Tank Mage
    "If people knew the reasons for my fears, they would be able to understand my pain." ~Lucretia Borgia

Blog Entries
    Also, Razor is being difficult. I know that I had this issue before, but I cannot recall the fix. I will look through the forums some more, but I did want to post here too.I don't even know if my account exists anymore. If it does not, I am still coming back anyways. Miss the server, and the game.
    Anandi Willow
    Tank Mage
    "If people knew the reasons for my fears, they would be able to understand my pain." ~Lucretia Borgia

You'll need to patch way past that client to enjoy the items on the server now. you'd be safe to patch to current right now as razor and easyuo both support the latest client (7.0.58.9)

Blog Entries
    Any ideas on why Razor won't connect?
    Anandi Willow
    Tank Mage

That clients dead lol dropbox deleted my account over he massive bandwith useage as there were several hundered downloads in a week back then . The current ch ho been fixed for euo yet but should be done in a few day. be sure you have razor set to ther proper directory your client hides in and that the server address and port number are set correctly . some systems put uo in a non standard folder . mine is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\paradise in the middle the razor menu look for client data wino the browse button to find it then click make thees settings default . hope it works for yio
    Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
    links for setting up to play .How to get started with Paradise Found The Current version of Easy UO Religio Skill Training MASTER LIST claytons trainer with fixed stealth Religio CEOMedic with Mirrors

How do i patch down? I recently logged onto OSI, cant get my UOSteam do downpatch D:

you don't get steam to do it as i use steam myself go into your folder were you have UO itself stored that you use for pandora if you play more than one shard some do some don't scroll down till you find the one that says UOPatch and dbl click it let it run then make sure to put your hues file back in place and you will be golden... however I will warn you that after you update you will no longer be able to force screen to the size you like through steam you must do it through uo in options (the eye one) make sure you do both ones the full game and the one below it. catch me in game if you have other questions.
    "Peace comes when I let go of trying to control every tiny detail "

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Turtle View Post
    How do i patch down? I recently logged onto OSI, cant get my UOSteam do downpatch D:
    Sadly a few years back they changed the patch system so thet you can no longer stop it at the client you wanted . The only solution is to keep multiple folders with the older clients in them . If you play on more than one server I recommend having a client for each one so you can launch the version that's best for each one . You should be ok on Paradise with the current patch if you use Easy uo you might have to wait a few days for them to patch up . I run the newest other than it wanting to change my game window size its working ok . But them I also use razor the recommended emulator for running uo . I can not help with uosteam as its no longer supported and I do not use it often enough to keep up with changes .