Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT Patch to 7.0.24

Blog Entries

DO NOT Patch to 7.0.24

DO NOT Patch your client to 7.0.24

You will not be able to play RunUO anywhere.

All the map file and statics files have been converted to the Enhanced Client format on OSI.

RunUO will NOT be able to use this format until it is understood and unlocked by Runuo dev team or other real smart folks.

Client 7.0.23 may be the very last client we get to use.

DO NOT PATCH to client 7.0.24
    No one can git your goat if'n you leave it tied up at home.

Blog Entries
    Ok, well let's say someone new downloads UO, or someone has to reinstall it, how would they patch to 7.0.23 and not 7.0.24? Is there a link to that specific patch that can be posted somewhere convenient?

Unfortunately no - you have to attend during patching process and stop it when UOPatcher is going to download 7.0.24.
    Until someone prepares a package with a UO client 7.0.23 (officially is against OSI's EULA but I see many freeshards distributing UO client copies)

Anyway, I will update the sticky post about

EDIT: RunUO released an experimental support to new .uop map files: (courtesy of Eos)
    http://www.runuo.com/community/threa...unuo-up.508182
    Last edited by Daedalus; 03-16-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alright, well after reading some of that thread, I think things will work out fairly quickly. Paradise is not as behind as some free shards, and it is common knowledge that free shards are often behind the official release's content. At this point, there's fairly minimal difference in terms of what the players have access to. In other words, as things stand now, no one is really missing very much. I think we're patient enough to wait this out and see what happens.

I think the only real problem will be waiting on someone to create new editing tools for the new format. Getting existing stuff to work properly seems to be progressing pretty fast.

One should be able to create text file in your patch folder & rename it to uosa_win32_7-0-24-0.rtp , then make it read only, patcher won't overwrite it

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    I think the only real problem will be waiting on someone to create new editing tools for the new format. Getting existing stuff to work properly seems to be progressing pretty fast.

Yep, it shouldn't be hard as we read this:

Lol, new UOP is Really old MUL with 0xD88 long "header" ?

Yep, the uop format is just a wrapper. Shouldn't be too hard for everyone to start supporting the new format. Jeff plans on updating the UltimaSDK to support the new formats here soon. Only thing anyone should worry about being updated now is Razor.

The issue is to find people doing that - many of UO editing tools are really old and outdated and I believe good tools for UO editing can be counted on your fingers (I could be wrong, though).

Argh now I know why I cant connect , back from the hospital and wanted to play. Have to uninstal and reinstall right?

Blog Entries
    Well when I logged in this morning, the daily message was that it's OK to patch to 7.0.24 now, so you shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall. I patched up and was able to log in, so if you still can't access Paradise, there's some other problem going on.

I'm looking to come back into UO but the main hurdle I have currently reached is that the Ultima Online website's classic client automatically comes at version 7.0.24 - is that file going to work to connect to PF? Also is this forum still alive?