Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Connecting to Paradise Found

Lightbulb HOWTO: Connecting to Paradise Found

How to: Connecting to Paradise Found

To connect to Paradise Found, you will need these tools:

- UO Classic client (dowload it here: http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/in...p_7_0_10_3.exe)

- Razor (download it here: http://runuo.com/home/runuo.com/files/razor_latest.zip)

- hues.mul patch (download: http://www.paradisefounduo.com/Files/hues.zip)

Now, down with instructions

1) Install UO client.

- If you already have an UO client, and you used it for the old Paradise Found (5.0.9.1) I strongly suggest you to uninstall it fully and reinstall it from the installer downloaded by the link provided above. Otherwise you can have Windows Registry Issues under the form of "Unsuitable Cliloc" messages. (it can be resolved but it requires you to have some knowledge of regedit)

- If you have already an UO client because you play in another shard which requires a client version different than the latest patch possible and so you need another client, it's much complicated but doable. I will post later some instructions about.

2) Run the UO client. The patch program will run.
    Your task is to let UO patch till latest patch available. As I am writing this. 7.0.24.0 works.
    3) Install Razor.

4) Go to the folder where you installed your UO client, make a backup of the file hues.mul and extract there the new, patched hues.mul (link is above)
    note: keep your old original hues.mul stored in safe! Because when there will be the need to patch clients, you must restore the original .mul file, otherwise patching much likely will result in a error.

5) Run Razor. A panel will open. Leave all of options as they are unless you know what you are doing. They should be:
    - patch client encryption: checked
    - use OSI encryption: unckecked
    - Load Client: 2d (autodetect)
    - UO Data Directory: (autodetect)

Instead, click in Server and put as server name www.ParadiseUO.com . In the field Port, put 2593. Then click Okay.

6) We are in! the UO client should start. Choose an username/password and have fun in Paradise!

NOTE: WinVista / Win7 users:

if you encounter issues with Windows Vista / Windows 7, do the following:

- rightclick on the Razor shortcut -> Properties
    - go to Compatibility tab
    - Check "Run in Compatibility Mode for" and pick in the list Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
    - And, to let the Razor Title Bar Display (the one with the counters for reagents etc) to appear in UO window, check Disable Window Composition.

This should be enough. If there are still issues, check also Run as Administrator.
    Last edited by Daedalus; 03-25-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: 7.0.24.0 works

How To. Connecting to Paradise Found with Linux
    Because not everyone uses Windows, right?

NOTE: If you use Ubuntu 11.10, you may want to follow this thread where you can find more updated instructions, courtesy of Gordash.

Some time ago I wrote in RunUO forums a guide for how to use UO and Razor on Linux. Maybe some instructions are outdated but they still work and they should work for every Linux distribution. So here's to you:

1- Install Wine (with synaptic, apt-get, emerge, installpkg, building from source... it depends by your favourite distribution)

2- Also install Cabextract, you will need it.

3- Open a terminal and launch these as user:

wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks

this to get Winetricks (is a script file). Then

sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6

accept Microsoft EULA and complete installation. Then:

sh winetricks dotnet20

When you have done this, you have prepared what you need.

Now you can download and/or install UO client and let it update (see instructions at point 2 in the post above). After this, you can apply the hues.mul patch and install Razor. (refer to instructions in first post)

Now run Razor. Hmm do you notice there is something wrong? You can't write on the Server field!
    Then do this:

type this in a terminal:

wine regedit

Then edit the key in HKLM_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Razor --> Last server and type everything you want (i.e. blahblahblah)
    I'm not joking! Then, return to Razor and you have blank field in Server Adress and Server Port. Now you can write everything you want!

Keep in mind if you want to use another shard, different than first and not included in Razor list, first you have to select the shard you added, then you can change server address and port (other shards, as in Windows, will be added in Razor list).

It should work everything well, although there are some issues. I will copy them above although some could be already fixed... so here's to you a list of what you could expect:

- Troubles with "Always on Top" function, and this is really evident when you will open Razor map (aka UO Positioning System)

- On previous versions of Wine, hotkeys could not work if they are set with a combination of keys (i.e. CTRL+X, ALT+4,...). In UO you have no response, where in Razor you have "unhandled exception" error. A workaround is to set them with only one key. As it was reported in RunUO forums:
    As of the hotkeys problem, it is indeed a pain. I remade my profiles to use only plain keys (with no alt/ctrl/shift modifier, e.g. F1, W, Q etc) with an "Enable/Disable Hotkeys." This way they work fine and I'm getting used to it. The modifiers still work for macros made in UO options, though.

Although on this last issue, recently I tried it and it seems it's fixed.

Note for MacOS users:

I have never had a Macintosh so I can't test for myself, although I got report some people reached to connect with Mac with Wine (instructions are similar to Linux ones). Oh, all of this excluding other solutions like virtualization (Parallels, Virtualbox etc) or particular apps (i.e. Codeweavers Crossover Games)
    Last edited by Daedalus; 03-16-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: avoiding confusions

So, this is what I promised in first post of this thread
    --------
    Having another client for Paradise Found
    --------

So, you are in the situation you must have another client, for example a 6.x.x.x or a 5.x.x.x for another shard, and you want to have a look to Paradise without renouncing your other client? Then this section is for you.

Basically, your objective is to set everything correctly without causing a mess in Windows Registry (this part will be covered below). Considering OSI/EA changed various times registry paths, it's not hard to have issues, anyway this solution should be the cleanest.

1 - Make a backup of your UO folder.
    2- Uninstall UO (so also registry values will be cleaned, otherwise you can't proceed to point 4)
    3- Restore your backup or your UO folder, maybe changing its name (for example, "Ultima Online [shard name]"). So now you have the same UO folder, but without registry values.
    4- Download and install the UO installer as it's described in first post.
    5- follow instructions in first post about the rest... basically just the patching to 7.0.15.1 and the hues.mul changing.

That's all! Now you should have 2 UO folders, one with your old client and one for Paradise (where Windows Registry will check).

So now, when you want to play in Paradise, just run Razor and go (like in first post).
    If you need to use the other client, change these values:

Load Client: browse and select the client.exe of your old UO folder
    UO Data Directory: browse and select your old UO folder.

------------
    Fixing Windows Registry Issues
    aka:
    can't find a suitable Cliloc
    aka:
    Unable to launch the client specified. (Error: UNKNOWN_ERROR) TwoD: "-null-"
    ---------------

If this happens to you, it's because there are no registry keys in your Windows Registry, OR because they are pointing in a different path. That's quite common if you, let's say, updated from a very old client to a new one instead to just uninstall and reinstall.

- The easy solution would be to uninstall and reinstall UO. (NOT "download it and extract in folder", but download the installer from OSI/EA website as described in first post and run it)

But, in case you are prepared to edit a bit the Windows Registry, here's to you:

- create a new file, call it "uo.reg"
    - edit it (open it with text editor, notepad, wordpad etc...)
    - copy this inside:

If you have Windows XP or before, or Vista/7 32 bit:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client"
    "PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client\\uo.exe"
    "Upgraded"="Yes"

If you have Windows XP 64bit or Vista or 7 64bit:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client"
    "PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2d Client\\uo.exe"
    "Upgraded"="Yes"

NOTE: this considers you have the UO client installed in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2d Client\. If this is not your case, edit paths according to where do you have installed your UO client.

- save the file
    - doubleclick it. Agree to add infos in System Registry

This should work.

NOTE:
    In case this can't resolve your issue, and you can't uninstall-reinstall UO, PM me with these info:

- Operative system (especially if it's 32 bit or 64 bit)
    - your UO path

and I will make (when I have some time) a customized .reg file for you.
    Last edited by Daedalus; 07-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    useing connect2 can one download future custom patches on the fly if we ever have any besides a hue file. or will it update hue files if we update it perhaps later?

Quote Originally Posted by Hippogryph View Post
    useing connect2 can one download future custom patches on the fly if we ever have any besides a hue file. or will it update hue files if we update it perhaps later?
    In ConnectUO2 shard management you are able to set URLs of patches, one or a full list (in .mul or inside a .zip), and also "increase versions" if you want to "force" an update (for example, if you are putting a new hues.mul replacing an old one)

It's really easy to understand this concept if you try to set a private server in ConnectUO2 (local server -> add local server (it's just over the shard list) ).

Infos here: http://www.connectuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2273
    and here: http://www.connectuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2212

The issue is, for a published shard, you can't tweak settings by the ConnectUO client, but only by the ConnectUO website (Connect UO -> My Shards) but, as Haazen confirmes, all you get now is something about the database being down

p.s. oh talking about everything but not answered your question: ConnectUO2 is MEANT to download at/upgrade patches on the fly, and all of this without overwriting a file in the UO client directory.

Blog Entries
    http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/in...p_7_0_15_1.exe

That above link takes you driectly to patch 7.0.15.1.
    Download your hue file, play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippogryph View Post
    http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/in...p_7_0_15_1.exe

That above link takes you driectly to patch 7.0.15.1.
    Download your hue file, play.
    I patched too high and had to un-install.. Both links here are dead though..

I found this working one, if it can help someone

http://www.shacknews.com/file/25592/...c-client-70103

Be back soon

Post Blackshadow thanks yous XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I patched too high and had to un-install.. Both links here are dead though..

I found this working one, if it can help someone

http://www.shacknews.com/file/25592/...c-client-70103

Be back soon
    oh thank yous XD I was dying to get back on but needed the right file

Ok i'm stumped. I found version 7.10.3 on a mirror site I downloaded an i'm able to play with. For some reason the client wont patch tho. I dl'd version 7.0.24 from the official site, uninstalled the previous version. Installed the new version in the same location the previous version was in. Manually entered the reg file just like for the older version. This new version spits out a clioc error everytime. Any ideas?

There are several downloads on uo.com but this is the one that works: http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/in...p_7_0_24_0.exe The download for this is short. What takes a long time is the actual extraction and installation.

Then you'll need the latest version of Razor as well. http://www.runuo.com/files/razor/Razor_Latest.exe

RunUO also has this link posted to update your .net framework, just in case you aren't up-to-date:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Full_setup.exe

If you're going to uninstall what you currently have, don't forget to reboot your PC after the uninstall so it clears off the regedit. Then install these versions. If you're running an OS newer than WindowsXP, locate your client.exe (inside the UO folder) and your Razor.exe (inside Razor folder). Right click on each of them, select Compatibility and set both to WindowsXP SP3 (some only offer WindowsXP SP2 but whichever WindowsXP OS it offers, set it compatible with that). While on that same page, at the bottom, it will offer to set Run As Admin. Check this option also. Click apply. Click OK. And run.