Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get started with Paradise Found

Quote Originally Posted by Damara View Post
    This is the latest UO client currently running on Paradise Found: http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/in...p_7_0_24_0.exe It will automatically update to the latest version. You WILL also have to update your razor to the latest version in order to keep it all running smoothly. If you don't update your Razor to the latest version, you will have issues with things sticking in your hands.
    That's what I have been using Dammy. But every time I'm patching, the client crashes when it get to the file artLegacyMUL.uop Can't get past that. I've also tried using the UOPatch.exe with the same result.

Are you doing a fresh install or over writing a previous install? I know that if there is an error in one of the files the patcher thends to crash. Try patching nad have it check all files, or completely delete the folder it is installing to.

Is it really crashing, or just seems like it isn't doing anything any longer? When mine patched up, it went forever (maybe 45 minutes or more) on one file. Just seemed to be hanging there doing nothing. But, I left it alone and came back about 90 minutes later and it finally finished. That art legacy file is humongous! The largest file in UO since it contains all the new art graphics and animations. So, unless it's really crashing and giving the blue screen of death or rebooting your PC, try letting it run forever. Also may need to turn off any anti-virus software you have running. Not this client, but an earlier version, I had to install it in safe mode. Not sure what other information I can give that may be of use to you.

It crashes, I get the message Patch Client has stopped working with a gump saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". It seems to be patching extremely slowly, almost bite by bite. I seem to be getting around 1 MB and not much further before crashing.

This use to be a problem in the past years with leaving in a custom hue file- so I always keep the one which comes with the game -make a back up of the paradise hue file-put the original one back in then patch up. Just a thought which might be going on and if so you will need a new client :/

You can also get the client here: http://uo.com/Client-Download/ Ultimate Online
    Last edited by Zoe; 08-02-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemaque View Post
    It crashes, I get the message Patch Client has stopped working with a gump saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". It seems to be patching extremely slowly, almost bite by bite. I seem to be getting around 1 MB and not much further before crashing.
    I the little box preform full file check ticked . I just patched a 7.0.35.3 folder 7.0.52.0 without any issue other than it replaced the hue file as always . give me a good time USA EST to try and catch you to see if we can get you going . are you rembering to run both razor and uo in xp mode service pack 3 and as an admin .
    Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
    links for setting up to play .How to get started with Paradise Found The Current version of Easy UO Religio Skill Training MASTER LIST claytons trainer with fixed stealth Religio CEOMedic with Mirrors

How to avoid patching UO

This applies to Razor as well at times it takes several days to get a new version out when OSI or whichever name they go by this month changes the server encryption .

Stolen figured easier than retyping it all still good advice .

How to avoid patching UO

Mon, Sep 7th, 2015
    If you are one of the people who had to wait a whole week for EUO to get patched then this post is for you.

Look into your UO folder, there are several EXE files there:
    uo.exe (569kb)
    client.exe (3,290kb)
    uopatch.exe (72kb)

client.exe is the actual game client. This is what you want to start. uopatch.exe is the patcher. You don't want to start this unless you absolutely have to. uo.exe is simply a wrapper which first starts uopatch.exe and then runs client.exe afterwards.

The UO link on your desktop probably points to uo.exe. That means you run the patcher each and every time you launch the game. This is WRONG! It means you will patch your client at the earliest possible time when a new patch is released, most likely before an EUO update is available.

Please note that most UO patches are NOT forced, meaning you can continue to use the outdated client for a while. This is what you want! It means you can continue using EUO with the old client while the sad people who needlessly patched have to wait.

But wait, what if there really is a forced patch you need? Well, in that case the game will not let you log in, giving you a very subtle hint that you really need to run uopatch.exe. In that case, everyone needs to wait until a new EUO is available (it usually is by that point).

So the RIGHT way is to run the client.exe directly without the patcher. Right-click that UO link right now, choose properties and change the target from uo.exe to client.exe.

Amazing, right? It's been this way since around 1997 or so...
    Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
    links for setting up to play .How to get started with Paradise Found The Current version of Easy UO Religio Skill Training MASTER LIST claytons trainer with fixed stealth Religio CEOMedic with Mirrors

He just checked most of the links . They all should work .