Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get started with Paradise Found

Lightbulb How to get started with Paradise Found

The colored text is a link to download the needed files simply click and choose where to save them .

1)
    If you are starting fresh with a new install Download this client installer .
    UO Client check the box for all files the first time you patch as it will fix a couple minor problems if your patching the older clients .

2)
    You will also need Razor if you do not already have it it can be found here
    Razor I am running razor 1.0.14 without any issues so far .

{ 5-08-15 Just a side note that if you have patched uo to the 7.0.42.2 client and have not updated Razor as well there are problems due to Origin changing the encryption client uses to talk to the server updating razor should fix this }

Both links should bring up a save file dialog just save where you like and run once downloaded .

3)
    For anyone needing a good unzip program thats 100% free try 7Zip it is what I use to make all of the ones shared here .
    [ Required to unzip the 7.0.35.0 client posted below . ]

Hue's file This file has been renamed to hues.mul.txt please remame it to hues.mul before trying to use it Its a attempt to help some folks get around antivirus firewall issues .

It has been reported that the above link did not work as a alternate here is the link to the original Hues file on the forum .

Hues file Main link .

This is not a zip file download hues.mul open your uo directory Usally found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\UO.exe" also can be found in Electronic arts instead of ea games . Rename the hues.mul in the directory to Hues.old1 then you can drop the paradise hues into the directory . And log into game to see if it now has the proper colors .
    {The hues file should already be replaced in the old client 7zip file}

When you start razor it should now find the correct location for the files needed to play at Paradise .

4)
    Easy uo new version
    I posted ver: 287 to the old thread but as someone was confused and asked in game will post links to new versions here .
    With the version number in the title starting with version 218 for those that need it .
    Easy UO will help keep carpal tunnel syndrome in check as It can train skills with out all the repetitive clicks There are many excellent scripts already for this progam in the Grand Master Corner section of the forum . I prefer the ones in Religios master list personally for most things . Here you can find links to get EUO and a good how to use it in any of the links to a skill Religios

Will try to add new ones to this post as well .
    Euo 305

{ you only need to update if you have patched to a newer client of uo .
    It is backward compatible with the older clients. }

5) No longer need to downgrade the Classic 7.0.47.0 works fine for almost everyone .
    There are a few with old systems that the fully patched clients are not working for I added a copy of my 7.0.35.3 client

in order to unzip it you will need the 7-zip program above here also the password to unzip is the same as setting up your forum account if you do not know ask in game .

Install the uo client at the top of this post but do not patch it it will set up the needed registry files then u can drop the unzipped files into the directory replacing those . ( patching is not needed as your going to overwrite most the files with these instead so saves you time)

6)
    If you plan to use the old map programs UOAM or UO Cartographer download the Map files here to place in the uo folder from Religios .

In there wisdom the map.mul file was renamed to map.uop and this broke the old mapping software dropping the unzipped map.mul files in your uo directory usually fixes this .

I am more familiar and comfortable with uo automap .

7)
    If there are any questions or you need more help give a shout on Yahoo or ICQ clicking the icons under my name on the left side of the screen should allow any member of the forums to message me without having Yahoo or ICQ on their machine .
    I do not mind helping someone get the client set up and going as soon as I have a few spare moments will get with you.

There is no guarantee these will work for everyone I virus scan everything before adding it here with 3 separate programs but that dose not give 100% protection please scan them yourself before trying to install there are lots of folks out there that are smarter than I am that try to do mean stuff to the rest of us . I scan my own files when I download them from the cloud as all it takes is someone getting a password and altering them . If they can hack the US government websites them my little files are nothing .

8) For tmap hunters here are the locations for paradise Tmap file

9( I am including a copy of my UO Automap that has the Ter Mur files and most of my Custom T-Map locations I am currently redoing the runebooks for the custom spots Most are already at The Eclipse Guild library Just look for Lucky Long-shots house on the player vendor globe at the mall when I am finished revising them the new books will be placed there .

UO Automap is here UOAM

If you have a 64 bit os be sure to put this in program files not " program files x86 " x86 is only for 64 bit app's .

Use the uoam.exe not any of the others unless you understand how they work . Set up a desktop icon and in the properties menu when u right click it paste this over the target window [ "C:\Program Files\UOAM1\uoam.exe" -q " ] make sure all the green text is in there the space -q tells it to not try and update .

I am working on remarking the Custom map locations in this and adding the Ter Mur daily rares I missed first go round .
    Health issues and other R/L complications have limited my in game time .

Always be safe .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cormac; 11-10-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Updated the links andd the files .
    Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
    links for setting up to play .How to get started with Paradise Found The Current version of Easy UO Religio Skill Training MASTER LIST claytons trainer with fixed stealth Religio CEOMedic with Mirrors

Do I need to patch up first?

no need to patch just drop the unziped uo classic folder in and overwrite the ones it installed in step one for a clean install
    Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
    links for setting up to play .How to get started with Paradise Found The Current version of Easy UO Religio Skill Training MASTER LIST claytons trainer with fixed stealth Religio CEOMedic with Mirrors

I've followed all the steps on the first post, but its not working, everything is black and I can't move the character.

I will downloading the client from the other file and see if it works.

Also, when I try to open it with UOSteam it says it cant open fonts.mul. I tried replacing it again with the file from the zip but it didnt worked.

Edit

I managed to open the client with UOSteam, it was a wrong configuration I did. But I still get same problem as before, everything is black and I cant move
    Last edited by Ravagna; 07-27-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagna View Post
    I've followed all the steps on the first post, but its not working, everything is black and I can't move the character.

I will downloading the client from the other file and see if it works.

Also, when I try to open it with UOSteam it says it cant open fonts.mul. I tried replacing it again with the file from the zip but it didnt worked.
    I am not sure what parts of the first post you followed the 1st section only sets the registry up and installs a very old client The download in the 2nd or 3rd area are the current files that work with paradise .

If you need help with them drop me a note on yahoo or icq and would be happy to try and fix things also not sure what OS you are using that can make a big difference and not sure why you are trying UOSteam as Razor is the app that I know works with Paradise .

Then of course I have never tried uosteam here .

You might want to take a look at this page http://www.uosteam.com/
    Last edited by Cormac; 07-27-2014 at 02:50 PM.

I get the same bug from both Razor and UOSteam.

I followed all the instruction in order, since I didnt had UO installed, I used the 7.0.24.0 installer, dowloaded and extracted the zip and exctrated all the files in the UO folder, everything was overwritten and finally tried to play.

I also didnt let the game patch itself.

Updated the files needed and added a link for hues file as requested

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    If you are starting fresh with a new install Download this client installer .
    UO Client check the box for all files the first time you patch as it will fix a couple minor problems if your patching the older clients .

You will also need Razor if you do not already have it it can be found here
    Razor I am running razor 1.0.14 without any issues so far .

Both links should bring up a save file dialog just save where you like and run once downloaded .

Hue's file

This is not a zip file download hues.mul open your uo directory Usally found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\UO.exe" also can be found in Electronic arts instead of ea games . Rename the hues.mul in the directory to Hues.old1 then you can drop the paradise hues into the directory . and log into game to see if it now has the proper colors .

When you start razor it should now find the correct location for the files needed to play at Paradise .

If there are any questions or you need more help give a shout on Yahoo or ICQ clicking the icons under my name on the left side of the screen should allow any member of the forums to message me without having Yahoo or ICQ on their machine .
    I do not mind helping someone get the client set up and going as soon as I have a few spare moments will get with you.
    Last edited by Cormac; 08-01-2016 at 01:15 AM.

There have been a few issues with razor and the newest client . After a disscussion with Haaz an Damara Think it would be wise to not patch uo past 7.0.41.1 .

That said the server uses 7.0.35.3 so that is fine to use as well if the issues continue I will once again try to keep a copy of a working client uploaded for everyon to download .

The problem I am running into is the sites all limit upload speeds and to do it in a single zip file will take around 8 hours to upload . So it has me thinking that it would be best to split the zip file into smaller chunk's .

If you are having problems with razor hanging on the connecting screen , crashing almost immediately after log in , not wanting to load at all please reply to this with details on which operating system your using the patch number {usally at the bottom of the login screen} and any other info given at time of crash .

No longer applies use the newest client
    Last edited by Cormac; 01-31-2016 at 11:51 PM.

Added files

Added A copy of uoam that works with Ter Mur .

See the 1st post will be adding a link to a slightly newer client 7.0.35.3 for the ones that have trouble running 7.0.42.1 to see if it fixes their problems .

There is a problem with the Razor link, it is actually a download link for the framework 4.0.